Shower Pan
I am interested in a preformed shower pan (triangular) that doesn't need tiling. Any suggestions? Thanks.
something like this or maybe even terrazzo

http://www.homeclick.com/vigo-vg06069wht...CFcRgfgodwLUAUQ
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Shower pans are the only way I go. The weak link in a shower is the bottom and by going solid one should have little to no problems with leaks, ever.

There are a lot of options out there and it takes some searching to find all of them. Be patient and let Google be your friend. There are some custom places but they are expensive. My friend got a custom 4' by 7' pan for his new house. It is one made to tile over and it was not cheap but it is built like a tank.
If you went square or rectangle you could go cast iron
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

When I remodeled my house in 2006 cast iron ones were all over the place. I got a nice Kohler one for our master bath. Now I recently needed a square one and could not find nice cast iron ones that fit the size I needed. So I opted for a solid CNC milled unit. It has not arrived yet but it is supposed to be rock solid. I can see how CNC could revolutionarily change how shower bases are made. Draw it up, drop hunk of plastic into machine, hit go, and 1 hour later a perfect pan is made.
Cast and Steel pans don't last forever. The older ones almost always rust out and leak at the drain or rust out where the bottom coarse of tile touches it. Lifespan is typically considered 15 to 20 years. I'm not saying they can't last longer but they don't last forever. Properly installed fiberglass or other plastics should last longer. You can get 30 years or more out of a properly laid concrete pan.
In Europe and Australia cast iron porcelain coated pans are popular. They are not that expensive (when you consider that they never wear out or leak and will last 50+ years). Harder to find, but available on-line.

I have terrazzo in my shower (30" x 30"). It does not leak. The house was built in 1953 and this is original to the house. So that is another option.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
good cast units last a lifetime, steel not even in the same category as they crap out fast

Phil Thien

Bob10 said:

good cast units last a lifetime, steel not even in the same category as they crap out fast

Kohler makes them. But none of the local vendors carry them in stock. You have to order it. If it were me, it would be a no-brainer:

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Shower-Bases...100024.htm
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Onyx collections - a company out in KS. We just ordered a second unit from them today - the first was in a house we sold. This one is for a bathroom remodel.