Delta TS 34-444 splitter
Anybody know where I can find a splitter for the Delta 34-444 ?
The Shark Guard will fit that saw and it is a splitter and a guard.
I'm sure the Shark guard is a better solution, but I just bolted a strip of metal into mine. Look under the insert, and you will see a bracket at the back where a single bolt will attach a splitter that will tilt with the blade. I ignored the rod that sticks out the back.

I used a slot rather than a simple hole in the strip of metal to make installation and removal fast: the bolt needs to be loosened but not removed.
Thank you for the replies. The shared knowledge on this forum is great for a new and isolated woodworker. Well, not quite isolated, we all have YouTube, don't we.
A bit spendy anymore, but I have this and it works really well.

Seems like when I bought mine years ago it was about 1/2 the price they're asking now.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Alan S said:

I'm sure the Shark guard is a better solution, but I just bolted a strip of metal into mine. Look under the insert, and you will see a bracket at the back where a single bolt will attach a splitter that will tilt with the blade. I ignored the rod that sticks out the back.

I used a slot rather than a simple hole in the strip of metal to make installation and removal fast: the bolt needs to be loosened but not removed.

Make one for thick, and one for thin kerf blades.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Make your own . Ain't hard...

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

meackerman said:

Seems like when I bought mine years ago it was about 1/2 the price they're asking now.

same here. at least half the price, or I may have gone with other aftermarket options.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
meackerman said:

This is the splitter that I had on my 34-444 before I sold it. They work great, but I paid about $29 when the original Delta was still in business.