Cool Home madeMFT work bench
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaJ-O4gG7Dg
That is a pretty cool setup. Seems like it would take a while to setup though.
I'm wondering why all the holes. They couldn't have taken very much weight out of it.
Axl said:

I'm wondering why all the holes. They couldn't have taken very much weight out of it.

It's for clamping. Festool has a couple different clamps, including ones that clamp the piece horizontally. Plus all the aftermarket clamps and add-ons.

Yah I agree, that's probably the biggest down side. But it is a big space saver as well.

stav said:

That is a pretty cool setup. Seems like it would take a while to setup though.

seems like you could just glue some cleats to the inside of the table top supports to support the tops instead of having all those little pieces to install first.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

jussi said:

[blockquote]Axl said:

Quote:

It's for clamping.

But using a clamp in the middle of the table underside?
I guess if he pulls one of the table inserts out he might want to clamp something there. Better to have the option and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I think it's pretty neat and certainly pretty well executed. I have an MFT but this certainly packs down smaller if you needed to carry something in a car.
-Marc