Found this one in the wilds of Illinois
Stopped at a antique store in Elizabeth on the way to the Daughters place and found this:
A "Goldenberg" toothing plane w/ decal on the wedge:.
The blade looks to be in good shape:.
Paid $30 for it. but I've never seen one in the wild before. I think that it was made in the late 40's but not sure. As I intend to use it, I will probably clean it up a little and apply some MinWax antique oil; or should I ......? Oh, BTW the handle will come of it's socket, should I glue it in permanently?
Nice find and handy, especially if you do veneer work. I see a few Goldenberg tools in Illinois, so I assume somebody was importing them. If you didn't already know, Goldenberg is a French company.

Just last summer I found a very nice Goldenberg panel raiser. It is much smaller than an American / British panel raiser, but made from some type of oak and quite heavy.

My rule on clean, user wood planes is to wipe the dust off and use - no oils, waxes, stains etc. I would use hide glue on the handle.