Incra iBox vs. Wonder Fence overlap
I've got an Incra TS-LS fence on my table saw... will be adding a router table extension wing soon, and am considering getting a Wonder Fence down the road a bit. I've also been eye-balling the iBox box-joint jig... it looks great and all, but I'm kind of curious whether its abilities overlap with those of the Wonder fence? i.e. can you cut all the same box joints with a TS-LS + Wonder Fence as you could on an iBox (dovetail joints aside)? With a Wonder Fence is there any good reason to get an iBox?

Thanks,

Monte
have both, box joints on an i box are child's play compared to the incra method
If your aim is to cut effortless, near perfect finger joints with little to no learning curve, and be able to change the sizing quick as is possible, you'll want to be buying an I Box
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

If your aim is to cut effortless, near perfect finger joints with little to no learning curve, and be able to change the sizing quick as is possible, you'll want to be buying an I Box

Thanks. I watched a couple of YouTube videos on the IBox, then I bought the one. Just got it. I have not put it on the saw yet, but it looks real, real easy.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Cecil,
One word of warning. Incra claims you can cut box joints in 3/4 inch material. In reality it's slightly less. If you raise the blade high enough for 3/4 plus a little the blade will hit the mdf on the guard. Also I find it's much faster and easier to use quick release clamps, rather than twin screws,
Enjoy you ne toy.
Mark
Thanks Mark. I don't think I ever would use it for 3/4", but now I know to avoid it. I have a jig I use with my router (see pic) that works great for variable spacing, but the smallest finger is 1/2 inch, due to the top bearing router bit. I built this one from Shop Notes plans.

I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe