A couple of collaborations.
I have thought for some time that I would like to turn a bowl and then hand it over to an artist for "enhancement". I couldn't find anyone interested until now. Both are spalted maple and the bowls are nothing special but what these talented people did with them is IMO spectacular.

The first drawing was done with graphite. The first bowl is 10" by 3". The way he incorporated the spalted spots as leaves and the grain as a horizon is brilliant.

The second one was done with charcoal and it is as equally brilliant. In some cases the black charcoal and the spalting is almost indistinguishable. The bowl its self is 14" by 2". The feeling of wind that she transmitted is amazing and the darker area in the middle looks like a small pond.

Toney
That must've been a lot of fun. Awesome bowls!
Steve K

Very imaginative and interesting. She certainly had a feel for the canvas you provided. Nice bowls too!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
REALLY cool! I love them both.

What kind of finish were you able to use without messing up the graphite and charcoal?
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
jerickson said:

REALLY cool! I love them both.

What kind of finish were you able to use without messing up the graphite and charcoal?

The graphite was easy. Just put lacquer over it. I tested on a scrap first.

After testing the charcoal, every finish I tried affected the charcoal, made the lines fuzzy. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a product called Fixative. I put about eight coats of that on and then about eight more coats of lacquer.

I will turn more and let them do their thing once more.
Absolutely brilliant, both the turning and the artwork.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Very very nicely done on both parts. How much does she charge to do work like that?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

Very very nicely done on both parts. How much does she charge to do work like that?

Arlin

I sold that piece at the show in Rhode Island. I don't pay them until I sell the piece. She wanted $180 for her part.

Thanks to all for the nice comments but like I stated, the bowls were no big deal but what these two did with them is fantastic. The integration of the natural spalting into the scene is inspired. I can't wait to do it again.
Very nice looking Toney great colaboration!