Bandsaw tires
what are the best tires for my Jet 18" bandsaw . rubber or urethane
I like Urethane for my BS.
The urethane tires will be a PITA to install, but are probably still the best bet. Longer life and easier cleaning (at least it seems like it to me) makes using them well worth it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Anyone have a favorite place to buy urethane bandsaw tires that don't cost $45 a pair plus shipping?
woodcutter199 said:

Anyone have a favorite place to buy urethane bandsaw tires that don't cost $45 a pair plus shipping?

Nope. For an 18" saw, that's not a bad price.
woodcutter199 said:

That's pretty much the going price.
You can get them for about 40 bucks from Peachtree. I bought a set for my 18" Rikon a couple of years ago and have been happy with them. Their "house" brand is orange. For a couple of dollars more you can get the blue Carter ones, but orange ones work fine for me.

And yes, they are a PITA to install.
Buckhunter said:

what are the best tires for my Jet 18" bandsaw . rubber or urethane

From what I've seen over the years, urethane lasts for years while rubber lasts for decades. Its your money.
Myself don't care for those tires,mainly cause they are for equipment that has flood coolant for metal working.Company just wanted to cross over into the woodworking worldThere is no advantage other than the people that sell them.Rubber may have come on your bandsaw,how old are they?After I guess 20yrs on my PM141 the tires started showing some age,so I just went through the whole BS w/new tires and bearings.Either way,this is one area you don't want to be tight.----Carroll