Lee Valley Rotary Tool Plunge Base?
Does anyone have the new Lee Valley rotary tool plunge base? It looks like it might be a better option than the Dremel unit which I think has to much slop in the mechanism. I would be using it for stringing and inlay work and the high end ones are very costly.
Santa left one for me at Christmas. I like it! It has a very solid feel to it and is easy to hold and use. The plunge mechanism is smooth and the locking lever and depth stop both work well and hold their setting.

I received the whole kit with the fence and micro adjuster. If your budget allows this is the setup to get. You save @ $30 over buying the individual pieces. The micro adjuster in particular is a real time saver.

In use, I don't detect any flexing or racking of the fence assembly. All of the locking screws are easy to hand tighten and grip the SS rods well. I think Lee Valley did a nice job with this tool. If you like doing stringing and inlay work this would be a very helpful tool to have.

Lonnie

PS I know you're down the road a bit but if you feel like a road trip you're welcome to stop by and try it out.
Thanks. Might go for it with free shipping.