Watco Danish Oil
I have two questions related to Watco Danish Oil:

1. I have built a wall placque out of walnut and stained it with a gel stain. How long should it dry before I apply the Danish Oil?

2. The Danish Oil is clear (no coloring). The can says shake before using. Since there is no coloring pigment to dispurse why must it be shaken?

Thanks......and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
I use Watco on my walking sticks. I apply another coat each time I replace the rubber tip. It does not seem to get much film build though.

I waited 24 hours after applying the stain before applying the Danish Oil. I don't know if that is really required but it worked fine and I feel safe recommending it. Light coats of the oil dry overnight, but a heavy coat (nearly dripping in oil) will take a couple of days. Stick with the light coats. I used a rag to apply the light coats and a foam brush for the heavy one. With the light coat is is like wiping down the barrel of your rifle with gun oil. A simple wipe with a cloth wet with the Watco.

For my walking sticks I only ever put on a light coat. I must have eight or 10 coats on it by now and it does not seem to have built up the film thickness. I think it is fine for things that don't get much abuse, but if it is like my walking sticks then you need to apply frequently. (Beating the neighbors with my walking stick takes a toll on the finish. )
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Shake it so that the varnish resins are mixed well with the oil and solvent.
Watch is an oil/varnish mix.