Jet or Rikon grinder - which for CBN wheel?
I'm considering adding a CBN wheel to my sharpening routines. I have both a Rikon slow speed grinder with the Tormek bench grinder adapter as well as the Jet Tormek clone. Which would be the better one to use the CBN wheel on? Have any of you tried using the Jet or Tormek with the wheel?

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Isn't the Jet/Tormek clone only ~90RPM? I think that the CBN wheels were meant for much higher speeds (i.e. the 1750 RPMs that your Rikon runs at).
Rikon...Jet is too slow for the boron wheel, IMO
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

CBN on a tormek type tool isn't unheard of.
The guy in your link uses a 180 grit CBN wheel at 1750 RPM and a 600 grit CBN wheel on a Tormek. A much faster cut on the Tormek with a 600 grit CBN than a 220 grit standard Tormek wheel is interesting, though I don't know whether the grit numbers are actually comparable.

It is funny. When I first heard about CBN wheels they seemed ridiculously expensive. Now they are starting to look pretty reasonable.