Small Aux Air Tank? Worth it?
I've got a little bit of baseboard to replace. My compressor is nicely stuffed in a corner of the shop and I'd rather not move all the "stuff" to get it out.

New nail guns are not an option.
Small inexpensive compressor, also not something I'd do.

Those 5 or 11 gallon tanks from HF.
Got a coupon too.

Do you think they'd be worth it?
I wouldn't mind a 3 or 4 refill runs while finishing the kitchen base. But if they'd only fire 6 or 10' of brads before running out of oomph, then I'd save my money.

Thoughts?
“Almost no one is ever insulted into agreement.”

I use a 7 gallon (premium Walmart model ) with my brad nailer and 2" brads just for that. I charge mine to 120# (about as high as I can get it0 and it drives an amazing number of brads before getting to low to continue...plus you don't have the noisy compressor in the house. Since my tank only cost $10-$12 quite some time ago, I think it's one of the better value tools I've bought. I put a QD on it and use a 15' long 1/4" hose. Really handy.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks Fred. Me and my 20% HF coupon might just hook up in a couple of hours.
“Almost no one is ever insulted into agreement.”

You need more air hose. I have a couple 100 footers that will let me re-roof any building on the acreage without having to move the compressor. I've strung the hose to frame and finish woodwork all over also.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I had that problem, even had a busted compressor I was thinking of converting the tank. I ended up getting a small compressor. My reasoning was my wife and FIL can use it to fill tires, soccer balls etc without having to mess with filling a tank. Now that we have a garage, that's where it's going to live.
I sometimes need air in the house to run a nail gun- I just run a hose in there from the shop. About 100'.

If it's too far, I use the nitrogen tank with regulator.
A couple of 50 foot air hoses handle all my needs no matter where it is in or around the house. I have a portable compressor, too, but only use it when I take it to a jobsite. I've thought about buying one of those air tanks, but the big compressor is always ready to go and storing an extra hose takes up less space than an air tank.

John
Yes, an air tank is worth it.

Makes it much easier to keep air in the tires of The Varmints' bikes. I fire up the compressor once every few months to recharge the tank.

You will probably find it works great for a trim job. Might not be happy running a framing gun, but trim guns don't use much air to begin with.
move the junk to get to the compressor. Should be drained anyway.

Brew
A small compressor is handy to have. I use mine as much as my large one.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.