DW735 Flip Top Stand
I've decided to make one of the ever-popular flip top stands for my planer and Ridgid oscillating spindle sander, similar to this:

Yet Another Flip Top Planer Stand

The issue that I'm having is that the outfeed table doesn't actually fold up, which increases the length of the thing by almost 6". The extra 6" I think would really make the whole thing awkward and use a lot more plywood. One option that I'm considering would be to also have flip up infeed/outfeed tables, similar to this:

Flip-top Planer Cart with infeed/outfeed tables

I'm somewhat concerned about the consistency of the table heights with that setup though. Alternately I could make a single continuous infeed/outfeed table and perhaps clamp it in place when I'm using the planer. Any other suggestions?
I have the same problem with my Delta planer. The dust shroud doesn't let the out feed table fold up. I made this flip-top stand many years ago and it is very sturdy. It gets moved around all the time.

danw
ebarker9 said:

Any other suggestions?

Take the table off. Only takes a couple seconds.
Axl said:

[blockquote]ebarker9 said:

Any other suggestions?

Take the table off. Only takes a couple seconds.

[/blockquote]

Maybe you're more practiced than I am. I find it to be a pain with the springs and barely enough room to get a wrench in for the nut. But it's certainly an option.
Wrench for the nut? What nut?
You push the spring loaded knob, (either side) in with a screwdriver, stick of wood, a tough finger, and take the table off.
Wrench for the nut?
Axl said:

Wrench for the nut? What nut?
You push the spring loaded knob, (either side) in with a screwdriver, stick of wood, a tough finger, and take the table off.
Wrench for the nut?

I just took a look at the manual again...I bought mine used and it had the tables already attached. It all makes so much more sense now Thanks for the clarification.
lol. yep, dewalt engineered a winner on that design. push it in, and off they come!
My Day Job
well, bye.
Glad to help. I take the out-feed table off when I flip my stand. Ryobi sander on the other side.

Axl said:

Glad to help. I take the out-feed table off when I flip my stand. Ryobi sander on the other side.

I've always wondered what people do with all of the extra parts on the sander that will fall out when you flip it over, do you just store them in the stand somewhere?
Benny

Those boxes underneath are parts, belts, etc.
I considered a drawer in the bottom, but decided not to.