aprons
I made myself one based on the Lee Valley model, and I really like it. The crisscrossed straps in the back keep the weight off my neck, which is very nice. It's shorter than a cook's apron, so it doesn't flap around and get in the way.

If I couldn't sew, I'd just buy the Lee Valley shop apron. But I can sew.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
My mommy made me one for Christmas. I like it. I can work in nicer clothes now if I want to. Glue does not get everywhere. It is not as refined as the LV one but at least it has a pencil holder and three pockets that can hold block planes, 4 or 6 inch squares, etc.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Mike, I don't know if this would be an option but I wear one of the Easy Wood light weight turning smocks. It is light weight and sawdust falls right off. It has one pocket in the front for pencils and two big pockets in the back. The big issue for me is leaving sawdust in the shop which the smock is perfect for. It isn't cheap but it is cool and works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Wood-Tools-Sm...easy+wood+smock
I use the LV apron and like it fine, but I have nothing else to judge it by OTHER than to say - stay away from anything that hangs by your neck.

At work (locomotive repair) I often were a dark cotton lab coat. They work well too, but cover your arms completely and that might not be comfortable in the woodshop.
If not properly attired, I feel lacking somewhat while working.
Ag
I used the bucket boss ones for years. I'd have to replace it about every 18 months. Not from poor quality, but from hard daily use.

In the shop I enjoyed always having rules, pencils, knives, tapes and other common tools always on hand wherever I was.

Unfortunately, now that I live in SW Florida, wearing an apron in the shop is just not possible anymore, lol

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
For a leather apron.. this is where I got mine.

https://www.moonshineleather.com/leathershopaprons.cfm

Dave
Society of Period Furniture Makers

www.sapfm.org
I wear Carhartt carpenter's overalls. They have tool pouches and pockets galore.
That's what I wear very nearly every day. I suppose it's a good weight loss program too, because I'm always slinging around a whole toolbox worth of stuff. My "Bat Utility Belt."
Pockets get ripped off easily in the shop-dont get one with too many pockets.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)
I only wear aprons to keep my clothes clean (don't want pockets or the like), so I buy cheap period-correct work aprons from James Townsend and Son. I have three that rotate between the shop and the washing machine, and one fancier one made of linen that I wear to woodworking demos. They are nice because they tie at the waist but have a bib with a button hole at the top to attach to your shirt button. No monkeying with straps and my shoulders never hurt.

http://jas-townsend.com/tradesmans-apron...-1168.html

I made a similar one out of scrap canvas that I use when working on my Model T, as my wife really hates washing 90+ year old grease out of clothing. I need to make a new one, as that one is so nasty that it practically stands up by itself.

Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

There are so many aprons styles and preferences. You should all post selfies of your shop aprons. I agree that one that crosses the back instead of hanging in the neck is the way to go. I like the Artifact aprons that the Schwarz recommended, but haven't purchased one yet.

Matt