Mini Max on Columbus Craigslist
Saw this on CL - just in case you still have some $$ left over from Christmas!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/5381171671.html
What's a MM16 cost new these days? $2500 seems a little steep but I have no reference point so maybe it's an OK deal. Both machines sure look to be in great condition.

John
Seems like someone in S&S sold a MM16 a bit back. Asking price was 2500 I believe.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Fred???????????

I was strained, and don't remember financial details
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The new ones run run right around $3400 plus shipping when I back in July, and they are kind of in short supply (at least at that time). I bought mine from Jim Tincher for $1800; though it's an older model. They made some changes right after mine was manufactured. Seems like someone sold an MM20 here last year for $2700 in the Columbus area.But that price doesn't seem way out of line for a 3 year old saw...maybe a few hundred dollars high(to me). Regardless, they are awesome saws.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I think you are right about them being around $3400, Fred, bur that is delivered to your door and with a warranty. I'd love to have that saw, but it's a long haul from Niagara Falls to Columbus, gas and tolls, etc. Gonna have to sit this one out.

John
jteneyck said:

I think you are right about them being around $3400, Fred, bur that is delivered to your door and with a warranty.

John

Actually, that's not including freight ($200+ for me), but I still see your point.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
certain tools hold their value exceptionally well..

MM
festool
sawstop
kreg

that being said, i wonder what his real $ is. those are both very limited market tools.
My Day Job
well, bye.
Ask if you can get reduced shipping if they take the hundreds of pounds of concrete out that MM uses to stabilize the machines. you can pour fresh concrete when you get them
I've seen this before about concrete. I helped Fred move his saw last Summer, and I am thinking it was a concrete free zone. Pretty hefty saw, but not out of line with most of that size. I have never seen a reference to filling up their saw with concrete from MM, innernut myth, or crazy dood with a saw fetish maybe?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW