Bosch 12V Rechargeable LED Light
Quick review on one of the best gifts I gave my dad, brothers, and son-in-law for Christmas. Bosch has a new LED light. It's a very well thought out light and at $49 it's way cheaper than the Festool I have and it's almost as bright. The Festool sits in one of three positions, vertical, horizontal, or at a slight angle horizontally. It also has a hook and a threaded base to mount on a tripod. The Festool has a built-in battery and it can also accept Festool cordless drill batteries.

The Bosch is much smaller and lighter and it takes the Bosch 12V batteries from their Litheon line. IMHO the Bosch is better designed. It can tilt at multiple angles, has a Carabiner style hook, a magnet mount, and a small loop to hang on a nail. Here are some pics. I haven't run a battery down yet so I don't have a run-time but I do have a ton of the Bosch 12V tools so batteries are plentiful.

I have one and it's very good work light. Run time is supposed to be 12 hours; I get ~10–11 hours at ~30F. IMHO it's better than the Festool and only runs ~$39 as opposed to $195–$250.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I have one also.....excellent light with well thought out features, reminds me of a Swiss Army knife.

After "playing" with it for a few minutes when it arrived, I thought If I ever met the designer, I would buy him a beer.

Ed
Thanks for posting. Been wondering if I should spring for one, you convinced me.

I didn't design it, but did think a lot about it. Does that qualify me for a beer?

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
shoottmx said:

Thanks for posting. Been wondering if I should spring for one, you convinced me.

I didn't design it, but did think a lot about it. Does that qualify me for a beer?

g

Sure!

Ed
+1 to all the comments above. I to have one and am more than pleased. Now if they would come out with one that is a handheld LED spot light similar to the one they used to have for the 18v NiCads.
EdL said:

[blockquote]shoottmx said:

g

Sure!

Ed

[/blockquote]

My kinda guy!
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone