waterlox question
I opened my 1st ever quart can of waterlox couple of days ago, I have several shop made tool holders to finish. I put about a pt in a plastic container for the project. Dark amber in color. Next day the remaining W is black in color. I apply 2nd coat, no problem. Day three its coal black...
Is this normal? The actual 3 coat finish is great. Just suprised at the color change....
I've never used Waterlox, but that doesn't sound normal. I think it either reacted with the plastic or O2 that migrated through the plastic. When I transfer Arm-R-Seal to a smaller container I always use glass, and it doesn't turn color no matter how long I leave it in the glass as long as it remains full.

John
Something is wrong. I used a lot of Waterlox on a previous project. Had more of it gelled in the can than I put on the wood because I took too long. Non of it turned black on me.
It would be interesting to hear what Customer Service says about the changes.