My last project of 2015
I finished up a jewelry box for my step daughter. Birdseye maple, walnut, African mahogany and osage orange. Other than the thicknessing of the maple everything else was done with hand tools. The finish is blonde shellac and wax. Her favorite colors are yellow and blue which accounts for the odd color combination. Sending it off for her birthday next week I hope she likes it.

Thanks for looking.
Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Excellent work Jonathan!

Osage orange is everywhere down here, a weed in the woods actually.. where did you find some there???
Skip

That is beautiful! She will love it. I really like the color combination of the blue lining with the overall color and tone of the box.
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!
That is very beautiful! Most impressive work.
Chris
Beautiful box. I really like the tray and lid.
Eric.
Thanks folks. It was a fun project.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge