freezing
I ordered GF milk paint and GF Endurovar from Amazon.com.

It is due to arrive today by "Sure post" which is a combination of UPS and the Post Office.

The issue is that it is 8 degrees outside (warming up to 30 degrees). Is freezing an issue? It might be sitting outdoors for 6 or 8 hours before I get home to bring it indoors.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Waterborne finishes do not like being frozen. That will usually destroy the emulsion. The couple tat I have seen frozen looked like curds and whey. AFAIK there is no recovery.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Well,; then I guess I just have to hope it is not out there long enough to freeze.
I suspect you will be OK, if the only time spent in freezing temps is in the mailbox (or on the porch). But if it does freeze, it's toast.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Keep in mind that finish manufacturers have to formulate their products to be able to stand low temperatures. After all, they need to be shipped through lots of different temperature environments.

If you want the most reliable answer, I would contact the manufacurer.
Howie.........
What I am going to do is open the cans of finish when I get home. If there is no ice inside and the consistency is good I will count myself lucky. If it is damaged I will take that up with Amazon.com.

Thanks for the replies. And 8 degrees and winds up to 15mph is purty cold. (It has now warmed up to 20 degrees and just a 7 mph breeze. Summer is coming.)
They will come packaged in cardboard boxes with an inner cardboard wrap around the cans and styrofoam ends, at least that's how the ones I've ordered from Homestead Finishing and Woodworker's Hardware have, so I think that's how GF packages their product. It will still freeze if left outside long enough, but at least they have a fighting chance. Gallons will resist freezing a lot longer than quarts, and pints will freeze pretty quickly no matter how they are packaged. If you see curds when you open them - well, don't eat them. If they do arrive unfrozen, make sure to wait until they warm up to room temp. before using them.

John
Thanks for the replies.

I just went back on line and now they are predicting delivery for tomorrow which promises to be slightly warmer. Tomorrow's low is going to be 14 degrees F. And the high is 37 degrees.

The mailman usually delivers between noon and 2:00 p.m. at which time I suspect it will be above freezing. I get home at 6:30 p.m. so I think it will be OK. Better than it would be for today anyhow.

I will check the contents as soon as I see the cans. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Cooler
The black milk paint came in last night, and it was just 31 degrees out at the time I brought it into the house so freezing was not an issue.

This better be good stuff!! It is really expensive for the amount of product you get.

This is the black milk paint. In the past I've clear coated over matte finish latex with good results. I will compare the black milk paint with a clear coat with black latex to see if there is a noticeable difference. Even expensive latex is cheaper than this stuff.

I'm not sure that the Enduro-var is a good choice to go over pure white as it has some dye in it to mimic oil finish. What top coat to use for pure white that I don't want to get any amber into?
The tint in Enduro Var came up just a week ago or so. To my eyes it's so light that it doesn't make any difference, certainly I wouldn't consider it mimicking a linseed oil based finish.YMMV
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.