marine battery/sump pump problem
About 4 years ago, I dug a sump hole in my basement and installed a complete system...new sump pump, new battery operated backup with a Powerstride dual purpose marine battery (maintenance free) and a new Battery Tender Jr. trickle charger.

Everything has been running great till today. While I was in the basement, I heard the low battery chirp go off. Trickle charger seems to be working (shows that its charging), but battery is not charging.

How do I know if the battery needs to be replaced, or if its another issue?

thanks
roger901
That four year old battery has a two year warranty so it's a good place to start your diagnostics. Most auto parts stores test batteries for free and they also collect used batteries that are no longer serviceable. I use the Basement Watchdog battery for my application and top off the water every 3-4 months as needed. I have had several of this brand last me eight years before failure.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
That battery is toast. Take my word for it.
My charger has an option for recharging (or resomething) for a bad battery - won't take a full charge. I've never tried it but that might be a possibility on yours?
Southern ILlinois