Are these chisels any good
Is this an old set that's been restored or modern? Looks modern but I'm not sure. Overall impressions? Good price?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tls...03563.html

Can't say for sure, but they might be the new 750's. At $40 for the set and the roll, I would buy them.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
The leather pouch is too new to be old stock.
$60 or so at Home Depot. New, not old.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Those are the cheaper version of the modern Sweethearts, as Admiral said. That said, they are not bad chisels, but not great either. The Aldi chisels are just as good for under $10.00; when you can get them; which is not now .
$68.99 at menard's / as noted - definitely not the new 750s. (edit) seller does not show the business end of those. That always concerns me. perhaps just careless, but if they're beat to hell, ....well... ///
I know we can't see the metal on that tool set in the picture, which is silly or deceptive of the seller, but my guess is those are brand new...maybe a Christmas gift, and he is now trying to dump them.
Admiral said:

$60 or so at Home Depot. New, not old.

+1
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I received a pic from the seller...seem to be in decent condition...now how to attach the pic...
I'd classify those as "beater" chisels. OK for carpentry work, but not the best for chopping dovetails or paring. I wouldn't use them for opening paint cans, though. The leather's worth almost as much as the chisels. One dead giveaway they are new is the laser etched Stanley and Bailey on the handle. Vintage only marked the blade, if at all. Bailey was also restricted to hand planes, not chisels.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill