It's always something, kitchen oven makes annoying noise
I assume it has something to do with the clock. I was thinking the clock was totally useless, but it is self-cleaning, so the cleaning is on a schedule. Oven is getting old, but it still works fine at its intended task. Anyone ever seen this? Am I going to have to trash it?
EricU said:

but it is self-cleaning, so the cleaning is on a schedule.

Why? How often does the self clean cycle need to run?
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I need to read the manual, it has some kind of timer for cleaning. Or maybe it's the length of the cycle, I don't know.
If I were you I would find a way to disable that feature as self cleaning ovens are problematic at best
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bob10 said:

If I were you I would find a way to disable that feature as self cleaning ovens are problematic at best

Please expound on this. Can you even buy an electric range anymore that doesn't have self clean? And what's problematic about them?
They tend to burn themselves up. A friend was working for Sears repair and told me they are one of the constant call items along with cheap fridges. So when I went to buy a range for one of the rentals I asked the sales guy who has been selling appliances for near 20 years what he thought and he told me they aren't made to last. Then followed up with none of the Viking or Wolf models are self cleaning for good reason. I haven't checked on all of them but I don't recall ever seeing one that was self cleaning and at $4k for a range you would think it would include all the bells and whistles that were worth having. I know my Viking Range isn't self cleaning nor do I recall it as an option
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Yeah never use the self clean on ovens. Do a quick search and you will find many many units get fried when you do. Besides I have never had the need to self clean an oven. I guess there are allot of messy bakers out there.

As for the noise. If it's there all the time it's the transformer buzzing. I have a brand new gas stove and the transformer buzzes. Gotta open it up and fasten it down better.
Our 5 yr old Wolf has a self cleaning oven. Works fine...must be lucky.
My 30-year-old Jenn-Aire self-cleans just fine even though the clock has been broken for years and the self-cleaning cycle uses the clock. I set the clock manually to whatever time the cycle needs to think it is.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Hmm. We only use the self clean after an 'accident', but never had any problems.