Horizontal Router table
Mike67 said:

Woodworker's Supply has the Matchmaker.

I forgot about the Matchmaker. That is another good option.

I actually had a member here who built a really nice machine offer to build me one. His looks like a really good option and it sounds like he has worked out all the bugs. At this point that is sounding like the best option.
Keeping it "in the family" is always a nice thing!
I hope that works out for both of you!
Ag
AgGEM said:

Keeping it "in the family" is always a nice thing!
I hope that works out for both of you!
Ag

Me to. I'm hoping it is a win win for both of us. I'm happy to be able to do business with someone here. I'm sure he will be able to build it in half the time it would take me since he is just building something he has already made. For me it would be a case of reinventing the wheel.
If you and the builder don't mind sharing I'd love to see some pics after its done.
http://youtu.be/2RQcClMWeh4
There's dozens of options between horizontal router tables and the JDS neither which I favor. Been using slot mortisers and loose tenons over 40 years so consider myself an expert.
RickL: thanks for that link! Impressive build and great design. Again, thanks.
Very cool design. Love the quick adjustment and indexing pins.
Rick,
Very impressive
What the guys above said. Wow that is fantastic!

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Google diy slot mortiser and you will find many options. The one I linked to is one of the simplest. The Wirth and JDS are typical American versions that took the original simple European concept and made it complex and expensive.

You can use it as a doweling jig if you use a center cutting bit.

Been using these techniques many years had a hard time convincing people over the advantages of this method. People think Domino invented loose tenons. Goes back to the 50's or earlier in Europe.