Horizontal Router table
I've got the original Festool Domino (bought it "used" with gobs of "dominos" from a guy who bought it for a project, then sold it when he was done).

It makes joinery a breeze.
- Even I now make flawless joints.

EXCELLENT machine, but EXPENSIVE (like all Festool products).

Good luck on your tool hunt!
I am looking at the Multi Router. They just posted a sale, still expensive, but I know it will get the job done, May take a few to see the return but should be worth it.
Grizzly use to make a free standing slot mortiser.  Not sure they still have it any more.  Have you checked CL or eBay? Festool's Domino is pretty good.
(01-07-2016, 06:38 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I'll have to take a look at the Router Boss. For some reason I always thought of that more for dovetails which I cut by hand.

Dave, I have a Router Boss and find it very intuitive and quick to set up. As Steve said, it'll do about anything you can think of. 

If you were so inclined you could even do hybrid dovetails. You hand cut the tails, transfer for the pins like you normally would and use the Router Boss to remove the waste between them.

If you find it interesting and want more info, drop me a PM and we'll chat.

Dave
Dave I have been using one of John's mortises for a little over a year now and really like it. I should take a closer look at the router boss though.
(08-22-2017, 04:00 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Dave I have been using one of John's mortises for a little over a year now and really like it. I should take a closer look at the router boss though.

Come and visit. I'll show you mine.
Smile
Photo 
Dave I have a Domino XL and a Robland slot mortiser.  The Robland is the unit that attaches to their jointer, but I have it freestanding on a base they used to make and it uses a PC router for power - so it's like a dumbed down JDS machine.  It was my main mortiser until the Domino.  But I have found the Domino isn't the end all, I like the slot mortiser for long slots (ones over 6 inches).  Buy somebodys Robland or Felder slot mortiser attachment they bought for their jointer (and never used) and put it on your own stand.
This is what Dave and quite a few other folks are using:

[Image: g7-FMfPnpvdhC7ecBWjEvut9Q7-bXYLX0iBj9bIu...38-h628-no]

It's a simple machine that is fast, accurate, repeatable, safe, versatile, and very easy to use.  I admit, it's not green or any other addictive color.  But it is low cost.  

John
(08-22-2017, 08:12 PM)bcw Wrote: Dave I have a Domino XL and a Robland slot mortiser.  The Robland is the unit that attaches to their jointer, but I have it freestanding on a base they used to make and it uses a PC router for power - so it's like a dumbed down JDS machine.  It was my main mortiser until the Domino.  But I have found the Domino isn't the end all, I like the slot mortiser for long slots (ones over 6 inches).  Buy somebodys Robland or Felder slot mortiser attachment they bought for their jointer (and never used) and put it on your own stand.

I actually barrowed a Domino from a friend and tried it out to see how I liked it. The other option I was thinking about was a slot mortiser like the one you posted a photo of. The one I was looking at was made by Laguna. I have a large floor model hollow chisel mortiser but it was just too slow for the amount of joinery I had to cut. I was using the mortiser to cut mortises in rail and stile doors and to assemble cabinet face frames using M&T joinery. It turned out that the machine John made worked out better than either the slot mortiser or a Domino. In fact the friend I barrowed the Domino from bought one of John's mortisers and sold his Domino. I have since found quite a few uses for the machine John built and it has become a fairly regularly used tool in the shop. If I hadn't got John's mortiser the Laguna slot mortiser would have been my choice which basically looks like what you are using.