60/30 Face Frame Technique Using Sliding Miter Saw
Probably more accurately called an alternate rail and stile joining method. I've used it on some doors but only on utility pieces.

I devised this technique after finding a DeWalt 612 8.5" sliding miter saw for $150 on closeout at Lowes.

This chest was the first project in which I used this technique. I can't give you a "good" reason to use it but it is quick, sturdy and allows a different look.

A king size headboard was built the following year. This is my daughter's bedroom set which is a never ending project.

Chest of drawers. I had by then run out of sassafras. I now regret using it to begin with

The width of one component determines the width of the other.
Joining is done with glue and finish head screws. I use aircraft drill bits (6"). This helps prevent the screws from distorting the joint. The Vise Grip clamps are great for this.

Please pray for our troops! Semper Fi!

Bob Ross (I used to be called "Doc")
www.theborkstore.com

Thanks for sharing. How do you attach the panels to the post-based carcasses? (if doing a convention frame&panel, I'd tend to run the rails the entire span, with mortises into the posts)

Matt
I build the panel frames as a U. Glue and screws thru the grooves in the stiles into the posts. The rails are "toe" screwed (longer screws) thru the stiles into the posts. The top rails go on after sliding the panel into the frame.
Please pray for our troops! Semper Fi!

Bob Ross (I used to be called "Doc")
www.theborkstore.com

Yeah, thanks for sharing.

That is a good look with a series of panels. More work involved, but well worth it.
I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.
Look good good, and different. I never though of doing something like that with raised panels and I have the perfect tool for cutting those.

http://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-US/en-...-1350.html
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
BacsiBob said:

I really like how the middle pieces come out with the point! Very nice.
Benny

very interesting

Tom