Springfield VA Woodcraft store relocating
Heads up folks in Northern VA. The store is relocating to Ravensworth Shopping center just off I-495-- this coming Tuesday. Take Braddock Rd West exist. Ravensworth is at the intersection of Braddock Rd and Port Royal Rd.
I discovered the relocation when I purchased an item yesterday.
Too bad they didn't relocate to Savage Maryland....

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
That's right off the Beltway, if memory serves.
I used to get a lot of material from a supply house on Port Royal Rd. back when I was running work.

Thanks for the update.
The closest Woodcraft to Savage, MD is in Rockville, MD.
WoodTinker
Thanks for the update.

The one north of Baltimore closed a few years ago and that is the closest (other than the one in Delaware)

Good to know because I think it is a little bit closer now.
Peter

My "day job"
Cool beans. I knew they were moving, just didn't know where. That's a lot closer to me than the Springfield store and accessible without driving on I-95 which I detest.

Oh snap, now I'll have no reason to go to the Leesburg store that I love so much!
chris
Hey Peter....

Not sure which part of Baltimore you are in, but, that Rockville store WoodTinker mentioned has to be closer to you than the others....
They moved there about a year or so ago and it is extremely well stocked. Even the popular finishes like Arm-R-Seal and Waterlox are always on the shelf....

I wondered about the Bombay chest you were building....haven't been here much lately to see.

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
The Rockville store is great ... but, I'm glad the Springfield store is relocating to a much more easily accessible location. It was a challenge to get there before and then get back out and to the beltway. That area is extremely congested.
Found out on Saturday that the Leesburg, VA store has moved as well.

Unfortunately it's about 30% less floor space, so a lot less inventory.

Oh well.
chris