converting a gas powered generator to natural gas
I have a 5 year old rigid 8000 to 10000 gas generator with a Subaru motor. I have it set up in so it doesn't have to be moved and is easily accessed. However it's a pain to haul gas to. I see there are conversion kits to make it run on natural gas. I could easily run gas to it at the current location. Has anyone installed these conversion kits and how hard was it.
Thanks
Mark
I have done my EU2000 generators. Tri-fuel. Propane, NG, gas.

I have little experience to say how efficient on gaseous products it is. Tuning a Propane/NG carb seems rather arcane.

You will also lose 10-20% of output.

generically, the conversion is very simple. I elected to roll my own instead of buying a pre-engineered kit due to the unique fitment issues of the EU2000, which you won't have.

The biggest issue is tuning the fuel/air ratio and that is pretty simple.

I'd probably not leave the gas line live though. I'd keep it turned off until needed and thus, not have auto-start capability. I'm not quite sure I trust the demand regulator to not leak over time.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Do a search for Snorkel conversion kit. It is a very easy kit to use.
Gary
It will run a little hotter. Allow air flow around it.
i used these on a 4KW generac portable:

http://www.propane-generators.com/

works great. easy to install. i find it easier to start in on gasoline, then kill the gasoline fuel supply. when it begins to surge for lack of fuel, i open the NG valve. this runs the needle valve in the carb dry, assuring teh next start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm3an9wGtIY

opted for this after SS Sandy, when gas stations had gas but no power to pump it.
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.