Need mounting suggestions
For Christmas, I made my daughters each a plaque with their baptismal certificate lazered into the surface. They are walnut burl which I resawed from a slab, then jointed and joined to make bookmatched blanks. I then tries some string inlay for decoration. Each was to be 1/2" thick.

Plans to me are just suggestions. (Not by choice, but by error correction) as they came out just a bit over 1/4" thick each after the three times I finished, sanded and re-finished them. Here it is over two weeks after Christmas and I am putting the final coat of lacquer on today.

I envisioned them as wall hangings with a wire strung across the back to mount on a wall. 1/4" is a tough thickness to put mounting screws into. Any ideas on what I could use to hold mounting hardware onto the rear of my creations?

" />

" />
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
I might be inclined to glue 4, 3/8 thick strips to the back, inset an inch or so from the edges to leave a shadow line. Cut a keyhole slot in the top strip before gluing it on.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Awesome wood, and beautiful work Joe

Any thought to mounting them to a frame where you can provide some backing? My biggest concern if this is larger than 12 x 12" is that it could cup badly, and over time end up looking like a scroll. What to frame that wood in would be the question, the wood is so alive I think you would want something sedate, maybe just plain sawn Walnut. I don't think it would remain a WIN if the frame competed with the burl.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW