You guys have to see this staved and segmented turning
It is at Lumber Jocks but I just had to share it since it was so well done. I really want to make one like this in some ways.

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/209882

What do you think of it?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
There is some amazing workmanship in that piece. There is a lot of end grain glue joints. That always makes me nervous.
I am wondering what that thing would sell for. Really a fantastic piece and I think a lot of people would like to own it including me when I make one.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

And it was turned on a Shopsmith. Pictures here: http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/genera...ith-t17395.html
Brian
Shop power by Powermatic, Shopsmith, Delta & Bosch.
More pictures

http://imgur.com/a/J27ml

e deploribus unum

I PMed him and he gave me both of the links but he did not tell me how to do it.

I really think it would be a fantastic build or do two to four at a time by doing all the cutting at once.

I shown this to my wife and she said "I want one" I told her I do to.

If anyone can figure out how to do it please let me know.

Arlin

Man that is beautiful. Do you happen to know what glue he used??? Looks like an epoxy. Everything is so uniform. I can only guess he scroll sawn the pieces but to get that uniform would be tough. I do hope he did take progression photos at least for himself. That needs to be documented. Thanks for showing and yes I want one too.
John T.
Wow! That's beautiful!
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Man that is beautiful. Do you happen to know what glue he used??? Looks like an epoxy. Everything is so uniform. I can only guess he scroll sawn the pieces but to get that uniform would be tough. I do hope he did take progression photos at least for himself. That needs to be documented. Thanks for showing and yes I want one too.

I cant speak to his methods but normally when you see curved forms in segmenting it's done on a router table with a pattern bit
Thanks for posting this Arlin.

That is an amazing piece. I bet the amount of hours he put in was staggering. Unless he only charges a $1 an hour (or less) the price would put it out of most people reach.

Stunning, just stunning.