Baltimore Woodworking Show ?
Any of you go , if so how was it ?
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
Im curious too.. improved this year or ?
My Day Job
well, bye.
I liked it-My Chester County Spice box took First Place in the Show! As far as the displays go, A couple of absences of note-No DeWalt this year, surprising since their HQ only a few miles away, no Woodline and a much reduced Kreg section. Anyway, 360 Woodworking was there so I talked with Chuck and Glen for a bit. They seemed to be doing well. I saw Dave Diaman and talked to him for a minute. Really I don't watch the displays much any more but I used to go to most of the classes. I just don't really need to now as they are usually geared toward entry level. That being said, I still like going for a bit and I'm happy to have beat out some good competition for the top spot. I got a new Bosch Router and some other odds and ends as a prize.
Congrats on the win. I'd say that seeing Glen, and Chuck, plus Dave D, sounds like a pretty good day
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Congrats on the win Rob. Once I managed to track down the guy I went to the show with I got a chance to look at it. VERY nice and the clear winner. The line and berry looked like it came out perfect. It's too bad they didn't have it open to show the inside. Did you use a crotch or burl for the drawer fronts? That always adds a nice touch. I have wanted to build that same spice box for a long time. It's one of the few things that stink about what I do. I have to build what everyone else wants and not necessarily what I want to build. It is a rare occasion when I don't enjoy building a piece though.
thanks Dave, I appreciate it. It was a Carpathian Elm Burl. Unbelievable stuff. I'll get some pics up here soon.
robmaz said:

thanks Dave, I appreciate it. It was a Carpathian Elm Burl. Unbelievable stuff. I'll get some pics up here soon.

I have a bunch of carpathian elm burl but I don't think I've ever seen it finished. It is some pretty stunning stuff.