Hand saw sharpening service
Colleagues: have a Sanders-Kayser dovetail saw and a Tyzack & Sons and Turner back saw that needs sharpening. But I can not find anyone up here in the Pacific North Wet (AKA Washington) who can sharpen them.

Any ideas as to whom might be able to do the work?

I am not adverse to sending out of state to do the work.
Mark of Bad Axe Tool Works http://www.badaxetoolworks.com/ sharpens saws. I sent one to him right after he started his company...he was really busy (backlog of sharpening) and he emailed me to recommend a guy named Phil Jones (employee who had started his own saw sharpening business) who could make the turn around quicker. He did such a great job I was inspired to learn to sharpen saws....absolutely love to sharpen & use a fine saw.

Good luck
PM sent
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
This ^^^^^ (Marv)

My saws have been taking the cross country trip from NJ to Marv's place in California for several years and they never fail to come back sticky sharp - sharp enough to draw blood while unpacking if you're no careful.

Maybe one day I'll get around to doing it myself, but I'm guessing it would take me years to be able to get them as sharp as Marv does. And his prices (even with shipping) are very reasonable.

I know there are others who sharpen, but I haven't 'found a reason to check any other out.

Steve

^^^^^
What Steve said
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Marv, what area in northern Cali?
I'm in Lake County.
Catchalater,
Marv

― Maya Angelou

Hmmm, I might have to ship some saws your way.
Learned just yesterday that my wife needs a knee operation. I'm suspending my saw sharpening services until further notice. I will be a full time caregiver for an undetermined amount of time.
Catchalater,
Marv

― Maya Angelou

I'm sorry to hear that Marv. I wish your wife a speedy recovery.
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home