one way multi tip live center
As you know I sent nova center back due to run out issue. Tried one at local store same issue. Now looking at oneway multi tip. Wondering if it will fit jet mini n delta midi lathes? Thanks Bill
I have the oneway live center with #2 MT. I used it on a Jet 12 20 vs. It's a very good tool, a good buy and been the same price for at least 5 years.

oneway live center

I got a 3/4" x 10 TPI tap to make soft centers for the live center.

I like the spindle adapter with it, really handy for reverse chucking accurately. Here I cut a spindle in 2 pieces, chucked and ready to turn after parting.

" />
Did you ever hear back from Nova? I have to say that I have never heard of one (or any brand) having runout.
The Oneway does fit both my Delta LA 200 the Jet 1014 and the Delta 46-460, if you order the #2 Morse taper one.
It is a very good center, has a removable tip that you can exchange with a 60 degree one to fit penturning mandrels.
I have one for a long time already and it still works like the day I got, HTH
Have fun and take care
I have received a question about the 60 degree point for the Oneway live center, that fit in the pen turners mandrels, and thought I add a link to it, so you can find it, as I had a hard time finding it on the Oneway site.

http://oneway.ca/index.php?route=product...earch=3673
Have fun and take care
Look at the Robust live center. I don't have one, but it's a Robust, it will be top quality.

Robust live center
hairy said:

Look at the Robust live center. I don't have one, but it's a Robust, it will be top quality.

Robust live center

Good advice. I followed your link and noticed right away it has some features I wish my oneway live center had. Most notably, it is tapped for use with a drawbar. Worth the price of admission right there, and, like you say, it is a Robust.
Steve K

Most tailstock rams do get longer when extending the ram, or shorter when retracting, so you could not use it on those, only a solid shaft ram that sticks out of the end of the tailstock and has a hole through it you could use a drawbar on.
The other thing is that a live center should never need a drawbar to keep the body from rotating, as the tip should spin easily.
The thing I like about the Oneway live center is that only the treaded end piece plus the inner part rotate, while the body is standing still, it has two things that I appreciate, for real thin spindles there is less weight that the spindle has to spin up of slow down every time you start/stop the lathe.
And next is, if the outside body does rotate and you happen to lean or any other way stop or slow it down, that could easily twist and destroy your spindle or finial you might be turning.
So my money is on the Oneway, and yes it is well build and copied by others.
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo said:

Most tailstock rams do get longer when extending the ram, or shorter when retracting, so you could not use it on those, only a solid shaft ram that sticks out of the end of the tailstock and has a hole through it you could use a drawbar on.
The other thing is that a live center should never need a drawbar to keep the body from rotating, as the tip should spin easily.
The thing I like about the Oneway live center is that only the treaded end piece plus the inner part rotate, while the body is standing still, it has two things that I appreciate, for real thin spindles there is less weight that the spindle has to spin up of slow down every time you start/stop the lathe.
And next is, if the outside body does rotate and you happen to lean or any other way stop or slow it down, that could easily twist and destroy your spindle or finial you might be turning.
So my money is on the Oneway, and yes it is well build and copied by others.

Leo
The reason I like the idea of the drawbar is because I tend to make wooden attachments for the live center, an example would be a cup center for turning a sphere. It's nice to just pop the live center in the spindle and turn the wood to whatever shape you want right on the live center. More accurate in my mind to do it that way. The feature is not something I would use daily but it would be a nice option. For the record, I like my oneway center just fine, it is a good piece of equipment. Still, the ability to use a drawbar on the robust is a nice touch. I think it's a great example of the forward thinking on their products.
Steve K

I have a Robust Live center & really like it. It's very well built. I use a lot of different size plastic cone centers on it & I like not having to look for a stop rod to hold the center from turning when I change the cones.