My first Windsor chair
Scoony, you've mentioned your chair before - have you ever posted pictures? I'd like to see it. I'm thinking that, rather than a "set", I might do about 4-6 chairs of different styles for our dinner table. I already have two fanbacks, I also would like to try a couple of loopbacks and then a continuous-arm and a sack back. They would all go together, but have their own style.
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
I posted it in the Finishing section last summer because I was showing the result of making my own milk paint.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...part=1&vc=1

I made a comb back, and would like to make 1 more comb back and 4 sack backs.

I need to find a suitable oak log.
That's a beautiful chair, well done. Looks like it's been passed down through the ages!

Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Windsor is not my style but I would really like to build one. Unlike you, I am not interested in making the necessary tools.

The lines look great; the dark finish does hide some of the details. If I ever get to do one, hope mine turns out as well as yours.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Super job in every aspect! Your turnings are excellent. Consistent and crisp. Now, go knock out the rest of the set!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
You should be very proud of that chair Justin. Glad you had Pete to guide you thru it. Now you have the tools, how about a comb back???
Great job!
Bill
Very, very, .
Ag
Wow. Very cool.

You said you made many of the tools you needed...my interest is piqued about that. Any pics of those?
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Justin,

That's a wonderful chair, especially for your first one. Do you plan on building more? If so, what would you do different on your next one?
Really nice job.

Hank
I love Windsor chairs, and this is no exception, very nice. That finish is outstanding, makes the chair look 200 years old.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW