Dust collection
How often are you supposed to empty your lower plastic dust collection bag?

I have this Grizzly: https://www.grizzly.com/products/1-1-2-H...or/G1028Z2

I also have one of those trash can chip collectors that goes before the dust collection.

The other day I emptied about 10" worth of dust. It filled two 5 gallon pails.

Did I wait too long?

Am I supposed to do any cleaning of the fabric bag?

Thanks,

Cooler
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
When its full.

As long as the dust is not swirling around the full bottom and into the top dust bag area your good.

A dirty fabric bag will decrease small airborne better than a clean one. I would not worry about it as long as its not a heavy build up.

For pleated paper filters, you want them clean.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I empty mine when it's about 2/3rds full. Could probably go longer but it's pretty heavy at that point.
-Marc

I'd empty it before it gets too heavy/cumbersome to handle, other than that just don't let it overfill. As for the cleaning of the bag, a lot of them use the dust cake build-up as part of the filtration system...it's get better with the dust cake. AFF suggested to me that their bags never be cleaned. The explanation was that their fabric was self cleaning and the cake would only build to the correct level for best filtration, after that the excess would just fall off.That didn't stop me from cleaning it once a year, so I'd say go with your gut. But it may not need any cleaning.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.