First Time In Almost A Year
turned the lathe on and turned a pen early this morning. Going to try to do another one tomorrow morning.
You know the drill no pics ?????????
Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I am very glad you are back and turning again. You must have wanted to unpack your turning stuff quickly.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I'm debating posting pics just yet. It's a surprise for someone who might see the pic. I've done the glueup on another, will do barrel trimming tomorrow AM and try to get that one turned too.
How was it?

I tried turning a pen this summer for the first time in 2 years. I was all thumbs. Not at all like riding a bicycle.
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Arlin Eastman said:

I am very glad you are back and turning again. You must have wanted to unpack your turning stuff quickly.

Arlin

You have no idea. I thought I was going to be able to set up the lathe at my dad's this summer but life got in the way. My set up is at my dad's. I take the kids over there - they get paid to do some farm chores in the morning and twice a week I have about 45 minutes. So this week Tuesday I drilled the blanks, took them back home for glueup and did end milling and turning on one this morning. tomorrow hopefully I can turn the other.
Cool. I'm sure it felt good.

I haven't touched my lathe since my thumb injury back at the end of sept. It's still not healed completely so I haven't tried turning again.