Laguna Resaw King on a Rikon 10-325?
I'm considering a Laguna Resaw King for my 14" Rikon saw. It's a 3/4" wide blade, which the saw can handle, but I'm wondering if the wheel radius is too tight for this blade though.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I'm also considering a 1/2" Lenox Tri-Master carbide tipped blade, so any feedback on those would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
Jason

I would go with the 1/2" trimaster.

I had less than 2 hours use with the resaw king blade when it broke on a 16" saw
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

+1 on the 1/2" Trimaster.
JGrout said:

I would go with the 1/2" trimaster.

I had less than 2 hours use with the resaw king blade when it broke on a 16" saw

I have several years of light duty with a RK on a 16" saw.

Laguna and its retailers advertise them for 14" and up saws - although I'd ask about warranty, life and breakage policies.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
I did the day after it occurred.

I was told I was SOL

so they get no good feedback from this corner
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Continuing the piling on for using a 1/2" blade.
JGrout said:

So they just left it as too bad?

Serious OUCH to your Cha Ching center if they did.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
yes that was the result

I have one, or at least I think I do, it was packaged unmarked and I am suspicious of the brand.....
Use it only as a backup blade if my other blade(s) break....and
I am not impressed with the cut.
At all.
On a Laguna 14SUV.
Ag
P.S. It happens to be in the saw these days, you are welcome to come try it if you like.
I've got a RK on my 14" Laguna. I just got the saw last April so have only resawn a small number of boards but so far so good. The blade tracks fine and the cut is what I expect as far as the thickness being even and smooth. Do you guys really think the 14" wheel is too small for the 3/4" blade? Joe said his broke with little use. Laguna or his local dealer should have replaced it. Does a smaller wheel add more stress to the weld? If the blade is tensioned properly how does it make any difference what the diameter of the wheel is?

Lonnie