What over WB satin enamel?
Judy painted the play oven/range white using water based satin enamel.
Now she wants a clear durable protective coat over it.
What works?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
>>>> clear durable protective coat over it

Why? A clear coat is no more durable than the paint. Paint is just a clear coat with lots of colorant added. A clear coat adds no additional protection. If you want some additional protection, add another coat of your paint.
Howie.........
Well yes, but no, too. The durability of the paint will depend upon what resin was used, just like it does with clear coats. So you could potentially improve the durability by putting a higher durability topcoat over the paint.

To the OP, most water borne products are compatible with each other, but not all. A very good WB clearcoat is GF's Enduro Clear Poly and I've never had any compatibility troubles with it but have never put it over paint either. I would consider that product, however, because it is water clear and has excellent chemical durability and abrasion resistance. However, I would hesitate to use it if the underlying paint is soft, like you can dent it with your fingernail, because putting a hard finish over a soft one is never a good idea.

Whatever product you choose, make up a test piece first to verify it all works together.

John
Howard Acheson said:

>>>> clear durable protective coat over it

Why? A clear coat is no more durable than the paint. Paint is just a clear coat with lots of colorant added. A clear coat adds no additional protection. If you want some additional protection, add another coat of your paint.

Hi Howard
To date, the paint is two coats and dry more than a week inside a warm, dry house yet it seems slightly powdery to me.
She (and I) think this toy needs a more resilient finish.
Meagan's grandad built it for her and we're rehabbing it for Meagan's first--our granddaughter.
Gary

Can GF Arm-R-Seal be used over WB paint?
Gary

Probably but it will look yellowish. I would stick with a WB topcoat, or nothing, as Howard suggested.

John