10" Table saw blade for Locking Rabbet joints (Flat)
I'm looking for some advice on a good blade for these joints.
I'd like a regular kerf (1/8") with a flat bottom.
I looked at a Freud LM72R010 which is advertised as a Rip blade. The joints I need to make may be rip but more than likely a crosscut.

Would this blade work?
Other recommendations?
I have a dado stack but I am not sure about just using one blade.
I'd like to get a dedicated 10" blade to do this?

Thanks

Mark
you are not going to find much in the way of sawblades that crosscut a flat bottom.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I use a Freud full kerf 24 tooth rip blade (flat tooth) with a zero clearance insert when I do that and it works fine as long as you put a backer board against your work piece where the blade exists. That said, a combination tooth blade may cut more cleanly as it has both ATB and flat teeth on the same blade. Take a look at this link.

John
I know Forrest will sell you one, but it's special order (can't remember what they call it) and not cheap. I've needed one form time to time and still haven't pulled the trigger.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
jteneyck said:

I use a Freud full kerf 24 tooth rip blade (flat tooth) with a zero clearance insert when I do that and it works fine as long as you put a backer board against your work piece where the blade exists. That said, a combination tooth blade may cut more cleanly as it has both ATB and flat teeth on the same blade. Take a look at this link.

John

I'm with John, right here

For 1/8" I still make one pass on all pieces, then just bump the cut a nudge and run them again, so in effect I am just over 1/8" so it slides right in, and keeps from the sides clamping with even slight wood movement.

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I may just go with a combination blade like the Freud LU84R011.
Never considered that one.

Mark
I use an Amana blade, 10", 20 T, Euro Rip blade.

http://www.amanatool.com/products/saw-bl...inch-dia-x.html
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
sawnuts said:

Mark

the combo blade will not leave a flat bottom cut:

one flat top ground tooth for each other four alternating bevel ground teeth.

and those tips protrude further than the FT tips
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

JGrout said:

[blockquote]sawnuts said:

Mark

the combo blade will not leave a flat bottom cut:

one flat top ground tooth for each other four alternating bevel ground teeth.

and those tips protrude further than the FT tips

[/blockquote]

^^^^^^^THIS, needs to be a ripper like I posted, all teeth in same configuration. Any ATB gives you a snake bottom cut, sometimes microscopic, but it wiggles through just the same.

Freud LM72R010

GW
This pic shows several top grinds, we are talking ATB = bad, FTG Flat grind = good for flat bottom cuts. FTG's will be found on rippers.

Makes a lot less difference on complete through the thickness cuts. But on a partial thickness cut like you are making you completely leave behind the trench you create. Only FTG will make you a flat bottom cut. Theoretically any decent dado blade will do this also, however this isn't really the case as some cheap blades chipper teeth don't cut flat bottoms so well.

GW