Need sander recommendation.
Been using the dewalt orbital sander.
They are getting some age on them and was looking at the festool line.
Thinking about getting the ETS 125 EQ Random Orbital Finish Sander

Wondering if there is anything else worth looking at?
ncwoodturningtools.com
ETS 150/3 or the new brushless model. The 150/3 works great for me.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Are you using the dust collection system the they sell?
I would like to just use my dust collection system with out buying another vacuum right now.
ncwoodturningtools.com
Look at the Bosch ROS65VC before you decide what to buy.

John
I use it with both a shopvac and a CT22. Works perfect either way. CT22 is quieter obviously but I would not even have that had I not got a deal on a used one. I owned the 150/3 for two years before I got a CT22.

They allow you to return them if you do not like them. Great way to try it if you have a localish dealer or an online dealer will do that for you.

I did not need to demo it. Buddy and I bought one at the same time and I took mine to a cabinet maker friend who used Dewalts and he bought two 150/3s the next day. Huge difference in the vibration numbness the Dewalt caused - none with the 150/3 after two hours of sanding cabinets. Dewalt has a nice brushless out now though that I have never tried - these were the old $50 Dewalts.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

My last PC ROS finally died after about 20 plus years of hard labor. So I just bought another, at my age, I'll most likely be dead before it is.
Mike

After reading your post, I bought the 150/5 and the midi dust extractor. I was shaking my head when the clerk gave the total but when I got it out in the shop and tried it and then did tried the vac with my router, I was amazed at how little dust and how little the sander hurt my had like the Dewalts. Thank you for sharing. David
I have the ETS 125. Works great.

Just bought the ETS EC 125/3 brush-less model. From everything I have read, it sounds awesome.

Just make sure you have an extractor. I have a mini, with the oneida ultimate dust deputy. Hands down awesome.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)