Rockwell 37-315 fence support details?
Anyone got any pictures of how this goes together? I thought I took some pix but they don't show what I'm looking for.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Click on the the following link below, select jointers from the filter drop down and then scroll down till you find 37-315 and down load the manual. There might be manuals specific to the fence alone.

Bob

http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/det...&tab=3
Does this help at all?

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/images/...Type_1.pdf
The OWWM site didn't have a manual by the model number but did for a "long bed 8" jointer" but all it had on the fence was the same drawing that ereplacements uses.

I found a manual online yesterday but when I tried to download it a dozen other programs tried to piggyback along.

I am starting to get it figured out but several missing parts aren't helping

thanks for the help

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Vintage Machinery.org (OWWM's sister site) has two 37-315 manuals; the one ereplacements has and this one for older machines-
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/1141/3671.pdf
But the fence mount is unchanged from the first to the last- three 5/16"x 1"socket head cap screws with lockwashers bolt the fence support ti the back of the outfeed table,( flush with the top I'm pretty sure)
Parts JA-44,45, and 46 seem to be missing, which makes it a problem figuring out how things go together.

Spring SGC-245 seems to be on the wrong end of JA-121 but I think I've got most of the rest figured out.

Going to have to order a couple of parts from ereplacements while I'm waiting on the Byrd head to arrive.

edit to add: JA-44 is not available. Looks like I'm going to have to get creative!

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
I have a 37-315. Let me know what you need photos of.
The bottom of the assembly so I can see how the trapezoidal blocks work and what the shaft they mount on looks like.

That should get me to the next level of confusion

many thanks!

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Oh-
You need info on the fence base , not the support.

The JA-44 shaft may have (probably has) been used on other machines such as DP's, shaper fences etc.
It's been awahile since I've had mine (37-301)apart, but I think is just a straight 5/16" shaft, external threads on one end, drilled and tapped 1/4-20 on the other. I'll look tomorrow.
Post a Want To Buy on OWWM, probably turn one up.
Starting to get it sorted out
ereplacements drawing link

Do the wedges (#28 & 29) clamp on the collars (#26) to lock the fence at an angle?

I've only got one wedge -- wonder if I can make it work

Maybe OWWM parts forum will come through

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)