Custom Tool Covers
Hi everyone,

I picked up a nice carving axe and small adze a little while back that could use some covers to protect them. Any suggestions for sources of custom covers, either leather or heavy canvas?

Thanks very much.
Kevin
They aren't hard to make yourself.
A local leather or tack shop?
Anybody make a sheath with Kydex?
Lloyd makes things for truck beds and for wood equipment and you can ask him.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...amp;sb=5&o=

by sending him a PM

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hi. I'm guessing you're looking for covers just for the heads? Or the whole tool?
I have a heavy vinyl, kind of a rubbery texture that is pretty tough. I'd kind of like to give that Kydex a try as well.
Let me know what you're looking for.
Lloyd Kerry
Creator of the Kerry-All Pouch
The foolproof water-repellent pouch that’s built to withstand the elements.
I make my own. Between the dozens of Youtube tutorials and Google images, you should find what you're looking for.

The materials needed and hardware are relatively inexpensive at Tandy leather.
"I don't have time to measure twice!" My ex-coworker.
Thanks for the replies, will check out online resources. I have so little time right now and like to put it towards overdue projects instead of all the other little stuff. Right now I have the carving axe wrapped in heavy cardboard with a rubber band and it is working fine...was thinking something a little nicer though to match the quality of the tool.

Thanks again.
Kevin
There are a lot of custom knife forums (such as knife dogs or blade forums) and the contributors routinely make sheaths of leather, corduroy and kydex. How about posting on one of the forums and ask someone to make you a really nice one.
Quote:

Anybody make a sheath with Kydex?

That would be my choice...Youtube it..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset