Kreg Foreman - no place to put it in tight shop
I got a Kreg Foreman and in my very tight shop I really could not find a place that it would fit well. I wanted to integrate it into my miter saw table like I have my PM mortiser but it would have required a huge amount of rework of the miter saw stand. Plus it would not have worked well for large sheets for cabinets because my miter saw stand would not have the deep support.

I decided to make a fold down shelf at the end of my table saw. Problem solved. I can drop it in place and it is level with the table saw. It is out of the way so the saw can still be continued to be used for 99% of the work. I can put the Kreg back up on a wall shelf when not in use. Because my Fein shop vac for sanding dust is located between my table saws I have access for dust collection for the Kreg right by the Kreg and it comes on only when I am making pockets. Other than me getting a bigger shop, this seems to be working great. I thought others might not have considered the space at the end of a table saw as a place to put a tool that might require support for long or big pieces.

Good deal
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

All the people you know, and nobody has given you a bigger shop
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

All the people you know, and nobody has given you a bigger shop

My friend does. 32 x 80'. First 50' is mechanics shop. Back 50' is woodworking. Heated floors, fully insulated and drywalled. I don't like the way he put his dust collector piping up but it is his shop, not mine. I have another friend that has a 100' by 300' shop but I don't have a key to that one so it does not count as much as the other one does.
Curlycherry said:

My friend does. 32 x 80'. First 50' is mechanics shop. Back 50' is woodworking.

Math not a strong suit?

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

it's one of those magic workshops from Harry Potter that fit in a suitcase. I need one, I can barely move in my shop right now
CC went to a different school than we did.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

packerguy® said:

[blockquote]Curlycherry said:

Math not a strong suit?

[/blockquote]

50', 51 feet, whatever it takes. Back is 50' for woodworking, front is 30' for car work. It is an adequate shack.

those numbers add up a lot better. Nice shop.
packerguy® said:

[blockquote]Curlycherry said:

Math not a strong suit?

[/blockquote]

I'm outa breath here
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW