When life hands you a lemon, make a jig
I am building new cabinets for a dining room. I have prerun beaded cherry door stile material. My dad also has a Hoffmann MU2P dovetail key machine which means no clamps needed for a miter joint. I figured I could crank out the doors in no time. Wrong. Hoffmann stopped working after about 15 key slots. I suspect it needs a new pedal. Air hoses all broke off and I was able to reattach them

In order to keep progress moving along I switched to using a biscuit jointer and Titebond CA glue since I do not have clamps for miters. I have 19 doors to make and making pencil lines to align the bicuit jointer seemed like a PITA.

Decided I needed repeatability so I made a jig.

" />

I use the left and right side depending on which miter I need to cut. I put the CA glue in the biscuit slot and joint and activator on the biscuit. Hold together for 30 seconds and done enough to finish curing without holding it.
I have found that using PVA with a few drops of CA to hold the joint works well together. Best of both!
Ag
You don't really have to have the machine to use those keys. If have some keys and the router bit in a router table you can still make it work.

That's how I these were done

Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
ruffcutt said:

You don't really have to have the machine to use those keys. If have some keys and the router bit in a router table you can still make it work.

My router table is very basic. I don't even have a miter slot on it so making the key slots would be challenging. It's amazing at how basic the process is and that machine sell for $3400. Crazy. In any case I do need to figure out why it stopped working.