All these sharpening threads
All these sharpening threads got me thinking, normally not a good thing.
i decided to check the angle on my gouges. They were way off of the 60 degree mark. So I checked the wheel and it's about 6 3/4 instead of the 8" when I locked the wolverine and vari-grind down. plus the grinding station was rebuilt at least twice in that time frame. I tried going off memory and compensating for the smaller wheel but now I really have things messed up. I checked the oneway instructions but only the first page will come iup for the veri-grind. I know Robo has the youtubes but all I could find was freehand using his platform. So, what are your favorite websites, youtubes or instructions for a winged bowl gouge?

Thanks,
Signed very embarrassed
Using the raptor--no thinking required. They're a good value.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
They have the manual on line so can't you follow the step up and adjust for the smaller wheel?
Don
for some reason the manual only loads the first page. I'll try again though.
Doug Thompson has a pdf you can download for free that tells you exactly how he sets the varigrind. He also has a video that shows how he profiles a tool.

I was able to re-grind mine by following those instructions.
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
I solved the problem by buying CBN wheel, they are always 8"
Steve K

Steve K said:

I solved the problem by buying CBN wheel, they are always 8"

I knew that would come up lol

Jerickson, This is the only pdf I see on sharpening. It doesn't address the distance of the V-arm. Once you match the vari-grind angle do you move the v arm in or out until you get the angle you want? pdf
I have Lyle Jamiesons DVD that shows how to set it up. I could also show you how he set mine up if I was there.

Let me know if you want to borrow it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/docs/...jignew.pdf

Twinn
Will post for food.
I have a video up with my friend Larry Karlin who has been turning for maybe 50 years. He has all the jigs, and does a good job of explaining. The 60 degree bevel is a good all round type bevel, and common on the swept back/Irish/Ellsworth grinds. There are others.

robo hippy