Sell my router table?
I haven't used the router table in a long time. I much prefer to do joinery and round overs/edge chamfers by hand.

Do you fellas have a router table? Do you use it often enough to justify the space?
Strokes77 said:

I haven't used the router table in a long time. I much prefer to do joinery and round overs/edge chamfers by hand.

Do you fellas have a router table? Do you use it often enough to justify the space?

I certainly do. I guess, like everything else, it depends upon what you build. I am lineal and for much of my router bit use, a table works best.
My router table is in the right wing of my table saw. No difference it if was there or not. I don't use it much but I wouldn't get rid of it.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I have a horizontal and a regular router table. I use the horizontal table more as if I am doing tongue and grove or slot mortiser for large pieces. I use both for some elaborate/decorative projects that I simply can't do by hand any more (arthritis). You might want to look at upgrading your fence to something like this . It saved my POC table and router from the dumpster. A really good fence makes all the difference in usability. If you are limited by your fence and you don't want to upgrade then go ahead and sell. There are plenty of good router guides available for use without a fence.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
just curious

knowing there are other alternatives would you build frame and panel doors with traditional methods

I think it deserves some consideration

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

About 12 to 15 years ago, I started doing everything by hand and sold most of my power tools. Through the years since, I have repurchased many of those tools (and then some!).

Everyone should learn how to do work by hand but, I would never sell everything again-just gather what is not used, pile-up into a corner & cover. If you find after a year or two, that you don't miss the tool and have not had a need for it, then by all means sell it.

I find my way of working with mixed sources of horsepower (mine or the power lines) more efficient.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I rarely use my router table for anything other than piling planes on, but I wouldn't sell it.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Like Boatman, I had a router table in the right wing of my table saw. I sold the table saw so the router table went with it.

It's probable that I'll buy a tablesaw (and router table) again at some point in the future, but at the moment I have no interest in doing anything but handwork. When I decide to renovate or build another house, the power tools will look a lot more inviting. I don't need them for furniture.
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
My 'portable' hand router is my first (over 30 years) and likely, last corded model. I have made tables for it. I used it all the time at first, then.... Amazingly, hamburger fades and nerves regrow. It terrifies me, so I have work arounds, alternate designs; or, it comes out for big jobs.

I still buy bits for it.
Quote:

just curious

knowing there are other alternatives would you build frame and panel doors with traditional methods

I think it deserves some consideration

Joe

I have to agree with Joe. If you sell it you will never get what you paid for it. As of now it is probably paid for so it really costs you nothing to keep it. I am sorry but I don't think I would find cutting rabbits in plywood rewarding. And using a Stanley 78 is certainly not faster.

If a router had no value in a shop then they wouldn't make them anymore. Why? Because there would be no demand for them.

Tom