Wireless Switch
I have a ceiling fan with a light fixture that is currently controlled by the pull chains. I would like to replace it with a light fixture, but I'd like the light fixture to be controlled by a wall mounted switch. I can't readily run wires, as this is finished space, with finished space above and below.

Does anyone have any experience adding a wireless switch, with brand/model recommendations? Thanks for any and all help!!
I think they have wireless bulbs now at HD
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Take a look at the X10 or Insteon home automation stuff. I have an X10 setup controlling a light at the barn with a remote in the house.
ejstefl said:

I have a ceiling fan with a light fixture that is currently controlled by the pull chains. I would like to replace it with a light fixture, but I'd like the light fixture to be controlled by a wall mounted switch. I can't readily run wires, as this is finished space, with finished space above and below.

Does anyone have any experience adding a wireless switch, with brand/model recommendations? Thanks for any and all help!!

I was at Lowes the other day and they were showing a "Univeral ceiling fan/light remote". I think it was about $25.00. I'd take a look at that.

Also check out the ceiling fan manufacturer's website. They might offer a dedicated remote.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks for the ideas so far. I was planning to replace the ceiling fan with a different fixture (which I already have). I'm aware of X10 but was hoping there was a simpler/more turnkey solution.

I found this article on TFH but I was hoping for a specific product recommendation. I found this at Amazon, but I'm always leary of reviews there!!
HD sells a wall mount remote control that allows for independent control of the light and fan. a receiver is wired into the fan within the fan canopy and the switch sits in a wall box that would normally be used to control the fan light. a simple pairing operation synchs the wall mounted remote to the receiver. controls light and allows for 3 speed fan control. i have 3, one in each bedroom and they work remarkably well.
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.
toolie said:

HD sells a wall mount remote control that allows for independent control of the light and fan. a receiver is wired into the fan within the fan canopy and the switch sits in a wall box that would normally be used to control the fan light. a simple pairing operation synchs the wall mounted remote to the receiver. controls light and allows for 3 speed fan control. i have 3, one in each bedroom and they work remarkably well.

I have had a couple of them for 9 years and they work good, especially when your old house had pull chain fixtures, which I converted to a fan/light combo
toolie said:

Thanks for the info. I've seen those, but I'm actually looking to get rid of the ceiling fan, and just install a regular light fixture.