Bathroom(s) remodel - I need a better client!
Funny tongue in cheek rant: For 2+ years my wife has been waiting for me to get the time to gut and remodel our two old bathrooms that are 1986 vintage. I've been promising to do them since our main add on/remodel in 1996. I've been plucking away at making the vanities for the rooms, the medicine chests and the doors and trims. I wanted all that stacked up in the storage room ready for when I started tearing things out.

6 Months ago I said "Christmas vacation is go time! Have your lights (sconces), foo-foo accent tiles, and plumbing fixtures (faucets and showers) picked out by Thanksgiving so we can order them. She never could find what she wanted and she did not look all that hard. I reminded her that Christmas was go time and she had better be ready!

Christmas came and she was not ready but I was so downstairs bathroom #1 got gutted! Two days and it was down to bare studs and OSB subfloor. I told her "get cracking!". She has been looking, but she is not getting a sense of urgency.

Flash forward to now and I am just about to the point that without the shower trim kit picked out I can't put in a valve for it and set the shower base. I also called my drywall guy and got him warming up in the bullpen because he is often booked out 1-3 months.

I just sent a text to my wife that she is now the official holdup to her remodel. No progress will be able to be made after about another hour of work on my part because she does not have the shower faucet picked out.

Oh it feels good to be giving the ribbing back to her after all these years of hearing "when are we going to remodel those bathrooms? What's the holdup? Why can't you get going on those."
That's why I don't have that problem anymore. Loml can't make up her mind either so I just get a few ideas from her and I just do it and go on. When it's done she is happy and all is good.
Um??? CC???

Make sure you bring enough blankets and make sure your couch is nice and comfy for a while.
Dumber than I appear
20 years she's waited on you and now you are complaining? And sending her texts?

You may find your PJ's hanging outside the locked front door next time you come home.

John
How I spent Sunday. tub surround gone, tub to be removed next trip, shower torn out pan next trip also not sure how to take it out on a slab as I have only really done that type thing on raised foundations and second floors

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

What, you don't do sheetrock?
jasfrank said:

What, you don't do sheetrock?

I do it when absolutely forced to. I loathe it. Mostly because it takes me about 10 coats to get it right. I put it on, and then sand 99% of it off. Then put more on and sand it off. I am a train wreck. I've gotten a lot better but it is just a skill set I really don't want to improve on.
jteneyck said:

20 years she's waited on you and now you are complaining? And sending her texts?

John

Technically only about 6 years. The other add on/remodel took a few years to get complete and I was not starting into gutting bathrooms until phase 1 was done. Now that the new part of the house is done, now I am will to dig into the old part of the house.
Just surprise her with a new house! Problem solved.
My problem with my bride is her change orders. I'll get into a project, and then she says how about adding this, that, etc. Most of the time it requires ripping something out or redoing something done. If she were paying for it boy would she get a surprise when the bill comes in at the end of the job.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis