Replacing handle on a kitchen knife
All,

A couple of week ago I saw a post with somebody looking for rivets to replace a knife handle. Sure enough, a couple days later and the handle from my favorite Henkel chief's knife fell apart. I was able order the rivets from Lee Valley, but am wondering if any kind of adhesive, if any, is used on knife handles? The old handle, didn't seem to have any adhesive, but I thought I should check before I get into it. Thanks
I will scratch the steel and the piece of wood and then apply epoxy and then attach it with rivets.
+1
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I handled a few kitchen knives from purchased blanks. They were riveted with knife rivets without any adhesive. Two handles were raw (unfinished) walnut and two were raw cherry. After 40+ years, all handles are holding fast. I followed my "less is more" philosophy and it worked this time.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
You do know that Henckels are guaranteed for life? I'm getting ready to send a couple in with cracked handles. Instructions are on their website.
Bob
Bob,

Thanks for the info. I did not remember that.