HOLY CRAP! That is a RAS I am scared of!!
Gotta wonder how much a blade costs for that beast.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

To be honest, I'm not sure that's a TC (Timber Cutter). They usually had 36" blades and a chain drive arrangement to move the carriage. But it's still an impressive saw.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
fredhargis said:

To be honest, I'm not sure that's a TC (Timber Cutter). They usually had 36" blades and a chain drive arrangement to move the carriage. But it's still an impressive saw.

Can't speak to the blade size, other than what the ebay listing shows, but that's a chain drive for sure.

Or did I miss something?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I want it.....

Ed
Sorry, what I meant was a powered chain drive, and not with a hand crank.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
My bad.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
fredhargis said:

The seller, Wolfe Machinery, (that manufactures the old DeWalt line under the Original Saw brand, and refurbishes old DeWalt saws) would know if that is a timber cutting saw as stated in the Ebay description.

Greg
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Keep in mind that the larger the wheel/blade, the less leverage the motor can exert, so the lower the risk of the blade trying to self feed.

It'll stall more easily as the blade's diameter increases.
Semper fi,
Brad

Every tool a person should have a healthy respect for and it is the same for this. I would LOVE to have it except the blades would cost a months pay.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The shipping alone on that monster is $700 to my house.
No thanks. I could drive there & pick it up for that kind of money.