Brown Tool Auction
The Brown tool auction is being held in York, PA this weekend. I'll be close by visiting my Grandfather, so I'm thinking about going. A question for those of you who have gone in the past. The web site says something about a tool sale in the morning. Is that a tailgate sort of thing, individual vendors inside, or just Brown selling tools outright?

Let me know if you are planning to be there, maybe we can catch up.
Thanks
Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
There are 35-50 tables inside and, with the foot of snow expected, probably no one tailgating outside. But I could be wrong. It's a M-WTCA meet and it opens at 7 I think. I won't be there since I'd have a 2 1/2 hour drive in the snow before dawn to get there. Not this time. But I imagine most of the dealers at the inside tables will be there, since most of them come in the day before.
It's definitely a good sale.
Thanks, I didn't realize it was an M-WTCA event. I have been a member for a few years but never been to a meet. Looking forward to it. Hopefully that storm doesn't hit Saturday.

Jonathan

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Storm supposed to be Friday and Saturday. Got a card in the mail today for the spring Brown auction-usually in Harrisburg, but moved to Reading, Pa, on 4/1 and 4/2.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Brown's auction doesn't have outside tailgating, only the indoor sale. Not that it will matter much with the snow predicted. It won't be much by your standards, Jonathan, but it'll have a significant impact down here. It hasn't snowed at all this winter so far. The first storm of the year is always dangerous as folks learn to drive in the snow again.

Have a safe trip,

Josh
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

Thanks Josh. Be nice to see some snow. We have about an inch!! Of course the streets are like a skating rink from the rain a couple weeks ago. Hopefully the storm won't be too bad I'd like to try to get there.

Jonathan

Hi Johnathan -

It's well worth the effort to go - even if you don't plan to bid in the auction. The dealer tables are always good - and you get to handle just about everything there. It's a very enjoyable and educational event....

Cheers -

Rob
I'm snowed in in Lancaster. Did anybody make it? I was told the auction would happen regardless of the weather.

Jonathan

Just saw a post over on Old Tools by a fellow who lives in York and he didn't make it. Said he just blew 16" of snow and had another 4" back where he started. I'm guessing you didn't miss much except a very bad drive. Bummer to travel across the continent and get SNAFU'd by mother nature.

Phil
Just stick around for Patina, Jonathon-3/12!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com