Where to buy pen kits
Well, I'm sure I can find a retailer but who do you guys recommend for a combination of quality kits and the best prices? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Going to try my hand at some pens as a first timer. I have a mandrel that came with the mini lathe I purchased but haven't yet used. I think that was 2 years ago....

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/c/1/Pen-Kits
Either Berea Hardwoods of Craft Supply USA. I don't buy from Penn State any more.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
IAP has a list of venders. Also great info
Damon, I prefer Berea kits. I've never had any trouble with their quality. You can also buy their kits through Bear Tooth Woods.

PM sent for more info...
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I know that others have had problems with PSI but I never have and now a lot of other companies are carrying their line of pens to.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/pen-kits.html

Make sure you get the bushings for each pen kit you buy.

I know I am totally out of pen kits or I would send you afew to try out. I go thru about $950 to $1100 worth of pen kits a year if I have the money to get them if not I try other things with them.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
For slimline kits I go to amazon and buy the legacy slimline kits. $24.99, for 10 and free shipping. The kits use good quality parts as well. The black chrome version was unavailable for a little while, through amazon, and I found them somewhere else for a few dollars less, but I forgot where it was. For other kits I have bought a lot through wood'n'whimsies who is really good to deal with and will even refund money if shipping was cheaper than what it showed at checkout.

Bob
I buy my kits from here, when I have the money to do so.
They sell everything Penn State carries, but at cheaper prices & faster service.
LINKY
I have had good success with Lau Lau Woodworks from Hawaii. Just finished an order for 12 Zen kits that my customer absolutely loved.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
Lots of places sell the same kits, but they might have a different name. Here are a few I've had good luck with:

Bear Tooth Woods
Arizona Silhouette
WoodturningZ
Still Learning,

Allan Hill